Monday, October 8, 2012

See You On A Dark Night





Calur Villade S/S 2012
Model: Alyana Ladha
Photographer: Haley Ma

I had a lot of fun creating this collection. It was a lot different than what I usually do.“See You On A Dark Night,” takes a minimalistic approach to the aesthetics of Frida Kahlo. Focusing  on the dark, religious vibes which Frida’s style conveys then representing it through modern design. My goal was to create contrast visually. Through colours: black and white, as well as textures creating structure out of light delicate materials, ranging from lace to paper.I wanted to use a range of textures and materials, but to not go crazy with colour. And I was extremely happy with the result.


In other news I dyed my entire grey head of hair lagoon blue. I quite like it.

Sorry for the sad face. The homework and late nights are getting to me.

Also I was featured in Seventeen Magazine Malaysia as one of their Top Young Fashion Bloggers. You can check out the post here.

That was pretty cool. I am not a reader of seventeen magazine, unless I am in a doctors office or on the john (tmi). But I am super honoured. Especially because I was featured by a magazine in a country so very far away from Canada.

Anyhow, hope your all had a great weekend. It was Thanksgiving in Canada so I am currently in-between having a food baby and going into a food coma.
Expect a proper outfit post sometime later this week!

Love Paolina


26 comments:

  1. Oh my Paolina, your collection is stunning!!
    I love the lace, the tulle, the shirts and the monochromatic Frida Kahlo inspiration so much!!!
    This is such a great work!!
    Love!!
    P.S.I hope you are feeling better now that Thanksgiving is over!
    XXXX
    Edie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can still feel the effects of Thanksgiving now....oh god. But thank you I am so glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. i absolutely love what you did here, you are SO talented.
    and the new hair suits you :)

    xx Nora

    http://signorina-k.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely :) I really love the Frida shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmy. ohmygod.

    These garments are so . totally . awesome!

    You are such an amazing, awesome lady and so talented. so incredibly talented. And the new hair color is wonderful. it looks so great on you! and I love the headpieces of your collection. so beautiful!

    love,

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see you wearing ALL of those clothes. An amazing collection, and so true to your unique vision!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha thank you Isabel! It means a lot coming from you. I do wear everything actually. Its so fun to be able to say youve made the clothes that your wearing :P

      Delete
  6. Ohmygosh, amazing clothes and your hair looks great! Happy Thanksgiving, yay Canadians :)

    fashionfledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. is the frida khalo shirt paper? I've made lots of paper clothes! where is the outfit from you're last post? I like the veils! is that lace dress the one you wore to rocky horror?
    You look so cute in that pic! I love you're hair! I want to dye mine green but i might just get wigs! They come in so many colors and shapes and sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, congratulations girl! You completely deserve it, you're so creative and unique in the way you choose to express yourself through your clothing, it's inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creations are really beautiful! Congrats on the collection and your feature! www.moiminnie.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the frida vibes with minimalism - you are so talented! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a fucking genius!! This is some of the best design I have seen in a long time. You are so amazing, I LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're so talented.
    PS: Your hair looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ave Maria, eat your heart out! Wish you had been around to design my school uniform at my Catholic All Girls schools. Nuns should wear more sheer and lace pieces. The End.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! (no pun intended) That would be amazing. Leather Nun outfits would be to die for. I love the idea!

      Delete
  14. You are gorgeous!
    You have a wonderful blog! Do you want to follow each other? Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Let me know in my comments and I will follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous styling! love everything on this collection
    s

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow girl! that is SO AMAZING <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. WWHHHHAT?! YOU ARE FIFTEEN???

    Oh wow.

    You are even more wonderful now. This is killing me. You seem so grown up and perfect. <33

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that outfit!!
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete