Monday, October 29, 2012

50 Shades of Blue Hair




FIRST LOOK: Delta Headpiece; Ivory Jar, Shirt: Made by Yours Truly, Other Jewlery/ Skirt: Thrifted
SECOND LOOK: Everything: Thrifted
THIRD LOOK: Delta Headpiece; Ivory Jar, Camo Jacket; Brick Lane Market, Mickey Mouse Patch; Black Market Vintage, Everything Else; Thrift 

HEY FOLKS! Just popping in to say hi. Sorry I have not been posting lately. I have been preparing my portfolio for university, ouuff it is a lot of work. But I'm super excited/ nervous/ holy crap I cant believe this is happening regarding my university applications and interviews. Its so odd.....a few years ago I had braces and was learning how to solve algebraic equations and now in less than a few months I will be moving out......



It's crazy to think about. Anyway, apart from me becoming a mature adult I've been messing around with my hair. Its been so many kinds of blue I lost count. I think at first my hair was Lagoon Blue (Directions) and then once that faded I used Shocking Blue (Manic Panic). This is when it was it's darkest.......
I mean I'm kind of into darker pigmented hair lately. Reasons being:
1. It's halloween time so the darker the better
2. I want to grow my roots out a little bit, and darker shades will hide those nasty roots.
3. Its SOO much easier to maintain. It's faded a little bit but it's still dark blue. I'm thinking the colour will last another two weeks before I re-dye.The next colour I'm going for is either purple or pink. Unsure of now, it all depends what the drug store has when I go.

For those who were wondering where the look in the teaser for my fashion collection went, here it is:
When me and my friend Haley shot the collection  we didn't have the time to photograph this look. It was the look I wore in the fashion show, and it consisted of a very sheer spider print/leather shirt and even sheer-er plastic skirt. Enjoy.

Well that was a lot of catching up. Hopefully if things dont get too busy I can post again this week. I need to start thinking of a good Halloween costume. Any ideas? I was thinking either Frida Kahlo or Wednesday Adams. Let me know!

Paolina Alexandra Russo

33 comments:

  1. Ridiculously awesome. I wish I could dye my hair that blue and still have it look like a bath of silk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahaha, this made me laugh so much. I love how you referred to my hair as a bath of silk, maybe I should start referring it as that. Trust me, dyed hair is not all its cracked up to be. I am always half paranoid that I'm going bald! Ahh!

      Delete
  2. You are a gorgeous creature, love the various shades of blue! Best of luck with your interview's! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. You seem so magical. I think you are an alien because you are supercool and actually too awesome to exist.

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you so much. I think I may be an alien though. Im waiting for the motherhship to get me off this planet! Hahaha :)

      Delete
  4. congratulations on moving out and up ! exciting. style impeccable as always, L O V E the shirt w the skulls on the sleeves.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the university process! I'm starting to look at schools now and it is soo overwhelming but super exciting.
    Oh and your hair is completely magical and you're outfit is uber badass

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU ! love love you ! OK??! I adore your hair almost all blonde and faded with the blue braids !!! You're fabulous! The Gwen vibes , that "fluffy" green jacket! the face jewels ,tiaras! Your collection is $ick ! And definitely do FRIDA KHALOOOOO !!! PLUR * XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair in those pics! especially the first two outfits! That's crazy your moving out and stuff! I just started high school this year but adulthood is getting closer... oh, i like that outfit! um, i think both are great ideas! idk i'm kinda leaning towards frida khalo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap girl, your hair in the second image is amazing, aaaaah, you are going to go soooo far young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are adorable. That black spider web top is rad as fuck!
    Wish I could dye my hair blue.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.s now following you because you're heaps adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving your hair in those multiple plaits and actaully now I come to think about it every single photo in this post.how old are you btw? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am currently 17 years young. Cheers to being almost legal!

      Delete
  12. You are so fabulous, it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow <3 I love your pictures! Beautiful blog :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow you're amazingly creative and talented! love your blog :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your blog is amazing! i love it!
    i like the color of your hair!



    www.gabriellaolivia.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!! Wow , I love your photos, your hair is amazing :o
    x

    http://be-your-own-hero-now.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. god, you are literally amazing... I love it... your blue hair looks so awesome!!!!! As do all your outfits (duhhh)!!! WAIT WILL YOU POST THE COLLECTION ON HERE WHEN ITS DONE??!?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! where do you get your clothes btw (sorry if thats creepy!)?
    charlotte

    theflowered.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! and you can check out the collection here:
      http://calurvillade.blogspot.ca/2012/10/see-you-on-dark-night.html

      Delete
  18. thanks for the comment on my blog, sorry it took so long to respond. thanks! I just redyed my hair as light blond as i could find because my roots where like and inch long! today i brushed it back and sprayed it temporary blue and i covered my eyebrows and lips with concealer so i look like an alien! high school is ok, i don't really have time to get enough sleep tho there are some cool people there tho.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i really like!!! the headpiece is amazing! i love ivory jar!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, you're the fucking shit!!! I LOVE YOUR STUFF! Found you in an interview on Vimeo this morning and I decided I have to follow you. Follow back: http://www.beautyjamaica.com/
    - Afayah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hair color and outfit really define your character. I can feel your bubbly personality and you truly exude an air of confidence! Go, girl! :’)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there! I simply want to give a huge thumbs up for the good information you have got right here on this post.
    I will probably be coming back to your blog for more soon.


    My blog post number of semesters in a year

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whats up! I just wish to give a huge thumbs up for
    the great data you’ve gotten here on this post.
    I might be coming again to your weblog for extra soon.


    My web page - snsd sooyoung plastic surgery

    ReplyDelete