Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Reach For You In The Dark


Sweater, Collared Top and Skirt : Thrift
Disco Pants: American Apparel
Jelly Shoes: Topshop
Christ's Body Chain: Ivory Jar
Collar Clips and Earrings: My Mother's
Flowers Headband: found in house

YES, I have broke a "fashion commandment." Which is wearing the same thing everyday, that thing being my Christ Body Chain.
"Oh God Paolina! How could you do such a thing, I thought you were more creative than that? What the hell is your problem?!" said my brain after realizing I've been wearing the same piece of jewellery with every one of my outfits. 
Fret not brain because, honestly, does it really matter? Is it really such an offence. I used to be the kind of  person who could never wear the same garment within two weeks. But there comes a time when you find something that you can literally wear with anything. That can make any outfit awesome. And that is a very special thing to have. If you want to re wear something you had on yesterday, go for it! If you want to wear it everyday, wear the shit out of it. Because if that's what you feel like wearing that day, go for it. Fuck fashion rules.

In other news look at all the cool things my friends have been doing with my hair. I have no talent with braiding, but its great who have friends that do.


I think I'm going to post my fashion show pictures in the next post. I'm still in the process of collecting and editing all the London photos, so that will come sometime after the next post. Hope all of yalls week has been good. Im well into my first week of school. One week down, another 33 weeks to go i think. Not that I'm counting, but I can't wait to graduate. 

Paolina Alexandra Russo


20 comments:

  1. oh fuck fashion "rules", if you love, wear it! :) and it IS an insane piece!!
    have been loving all your posts recently, glad i found your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haahah, definitely fuck all the fashion rules! I think you kind of screw them with your style anyway, which is definitely a good thing!! Fashion 'rules' are mega boring. Loove what your friends have been doing with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't need fashion rules! I've been wearing the same dress at least once a week but styling it differently each time( so no one recognizes it). If you really like a piece than wear it as many times as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love wearing the same shirt over and over! and i love your outfit, setting - for these photos. it can be so hard to make a photo in the woods or by some flowers (see: outdoorsy) look cool. love urs! espec #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. great outfit!!!

    xoxo
    http://mynameisglenn.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make that jumper look amazing! Keep wearing the body chain, I bet it goes with everything!

    http://in-ternal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. So purdy. <3 and the sweater is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each time you wear it i will compliment it! I love your body chain! Also your hair looks AMAZING! in those pictures! It's so intricately weaved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet lord, your sweater your sweater your sweater! Platinum blonde looks really good on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That outfit is aweessommme and the setting is perfect. Also those hairstyles are rad!

    fashionfledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh the photos are so witchy and magical.I love the sheer skirt very stevie nicks.and fuck whoah that is serious plaiting skills - I am jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its an amazing chain! I'd wear it all day everyday if I owned it! Its amazing!
    Love the pictures, you have such a cool fashion sense! I'm now following :D let me know what you think of my blog! Its not as cool as yours though :( haha

    http://sarablahblah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah. Your sweater is perfection! Especially with your body chain, and skirt. So badass and beautiful.
    Oooh, those hair photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your hair looks great, that sweater is awesome, and I love the jewellery. Inspiring!
    xx
    Julia
    www.thejuliadream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog soooo much! Your style is amazing! Awesome jumper!
    x

    apreciarvintage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah! I love this entire look, so very ethereal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aaaaawwww love your pictures! amazing blog :)

    x
    mike

    ReplyDelete