Sunday, September 2, 2012

I call this outfit, "holy shit it's so hot outside why the hell am I wearing velvet and a jacket??!"


When I was in London I picked up this awesome camo jacket while shopping in Brick Lane market. I was able to bargain it down to about 10 pounds and I mean, I would have paid 50 pounds for it, I think it's awesome. I really wanted to add a little sumthin sumthin to it, so when I got back to Toronto I bought a bunch of patches and badges to add on to it. Ive been adding on ever since. And I hope after a while the whole thing will be covered with a crazy amount of badges and just look awesome. This jacket is one of those things that I can just throw on and can automatically make a shitty outfit cool, ya know? It's like the perfect piece for lazy days. And especially since school is coming up, I'm going to need something to spice up what I would call my lazy, "I don't give a fuck I'm so tired," outfits.

These are some pictures of me wearing out my camo swag, way back when I had blond hair (actually probably a week and a half ago). I call this outfit,  "holy shit it's so hot outside why the hell am I wearing velvet and a jacket??!"

Camo Jacket and Girl Guides Belt: Finds in Brick Lane Market
Velvet Top and Skirt: Thrift
Vintage Crown Headpiece: The Vintage Emporium Cafe 
"Christ's Body Chain": Ivory Jar
Other Jewelry: Second Hand
Jelly Sandals: Top Shop

Thanks for all the comments on the last post. I hope my hair advice helped. I'm going to the beach tomorrow. Its going to be my last day of summer so I want to go out with a bang! Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Love Always, Paolina Alexandra Russo

37 comments:

  1. I love the idea for the jacket, I wanted to do something similar, but with a jean jacket, I just haven't found one yet :p The outfit in general is nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so perfect ! I love everything ! The body chain is really SUPAA GREAT!<!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean, I could write a love letter to you here, but that would be a little bit too creepy...
    I'd just say, you are a fuckin' awesome person and I've never seen one with a more perfect style. I love how you combine thrifted things which other people would throw in the garbage to PERFECT outfits.
    I lurve the jacket so much! When the military trend first showed up, I was like, oh no, not again, camo spirit leave my house! but I got used to it and really like it now!
    And I exactly know what you mean with "I don't give a fuck I'm so tired" 'cause that's basically the way I spent my school year. So I should probably get some lazy pieces to throw on...

    (Paolina, I know you're blog as you were the first person ever to leave a comment on mine and I will be grateful forever. Okay, that sounds stalker-like. sorry.)

    Mary

    birdiewearsatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket is a beautiful piece, love the looks!

    x Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great outfit , I love the first photo its so you! and I knew that was an Ivory Jar body chain isnt that shop just the bomB!? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This jacket is so cool!
    The girl scout patches and girl scout belt is nostalgic! because I belonged girl scout of Japan, when I was child!
    My girl scout patches are on my denim shorts now!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so adorable and badass. The eyes on your hands are mysteeeeeeerious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that velvet shirt is effing amazing! This is all just so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your badges! and that body chain!!!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfits are insanely cool! thanks for your comments in the past, I am moving my fashion and style stuff to my other blog, http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com.au/ and I'd love if you'd follow me there.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look amazing!

    <3

    ps. you can now win some fabulous Sabre sunglasses on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this, so cool!!

    XOFEMKE.
    www.myfashion-expression.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're right, this jacket is a perfect piece!
    I love your style, I've just found your blog and I'm very happy to follow it!!!

    ChicToChic
    kiss,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your lovely comment on my site! Love your style! www.moiminnie.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the eyes and velvet! I have a denim jacket that i put some patches on and painted clouds on the back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soooo cool! LOVE THE OUTFIT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. its such a nice & Awesum blog provide info
    hope more people discover your blog because you really know what you’re talking about. Can’t wait to read more from you!
    for more plz visit
    debt management

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love how you drew eyes on your hands, those pictures came out so cool!! and i love anything velvet- i'd wear it when it's hot too haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg the outfit and photos are amazing, looove your blog! following now!
    and thanks a lot for the comment! xx

    coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.com/
    facebook.com/rocknrolllies

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfits are so weird -in a good way of course- I love them so so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really LIKE your blog, i follow you
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these photos, you look so cool! xxx

    asdeepandasblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always so almost literally blown away by your ensembles young laday. I like the drawn eyes, they're looking pretty cool. Also, the title of this post, very amusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. im in love with all of these photo's! I have something for you! please read my post http://antoinettevintage.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/versatile-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. you are quickly becoming one of my favorites. your style KILLS ME! gahh i love

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the last picture, very mysterious...
    xx
    Julia
    www.thejuliadream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is adorable!i love love love velvet. shit great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adoring the eye!!

    Lots of love,
    Minnie

    http://minniematerial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. i like these photos, you look very pretty. that eye-idea is fun.

    http://selinanoma.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete