Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back In Black



OUTFIT 1 (As displayed in 1st photo): Thrift sweater, Leather Harness and Headband made by me, Flower hair clip from the Dollar Store, Tron Perspex Neck Piece from Cyberdog.
OUTFIT 2 (As displayed in 2nd photo): Thrift sparkly turtle-neck and wrist cuff and crown,  Harness and Veil and Skeleton Pants made by me, "Christ's Body Chain" from Ivory Jar, Other necklaces are my mothers. 
OUTFIT 3 (As displayed in 3rd photo):  Fuzzy baseball cap is a gift, the Flower Headband is made by me and everything else is thrift. 

Hey guys!  I am back, in black.....amongst other colours. I took all these photos yesterday. And if you were wondering, yes I did dye my hair purple between taking the veil photos and the others. Originally I was going to just use the veil photos I took and call the post "I VEIL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK," (so punny). But then I dyed my hair and I just HAD to take some pictures of me with this fucking awesome colour.  I actually have had pink hair the majority of the summer, until my hair faded out so I decided to try something new. 

I pretty much took the summer off from blogging, but my god has it been a great summer.  And there will be photos to catch you all up outfit wise. I mean i have maybe about 100 photos that I want to post, and I have to figure out how I'm going to do that. But i want to get a few things out of the way first:

1. This blog has reached its two year anniversary last month! Woot! Happy belated birthday Calur Villade! Let's take birthday shots! I love this blog.  I would never change how the blog has progressed so far. Calur Villade allows me to be creative, and experiment with my tastes aesthetically, and I am so grateful to have that opportunity. Its just a ball. And it also allows me to interact and collaborate with all of you crazy kooks. I love my followers (yes that means you Ms/ Mr reader). If you want to take a trip down memory lane here's a LINK to last years anniversary post, and here is a LINK to the first ever post on Calur Villade. OHHH YEAAAHHH!!!

2. This will be my last photo shoot-y type of outfit post for a while. I love putting together shoots like this, to just go nuts with my camera and my clothes in my backyard. But it takes a lot of time, which I don't have. And I kind of made a decision, like right now that I don't want all my posts to be like this. I want to be more spontaneous with posting, and not have to plan so much shit out. Of course i wanted to plan this post out because it is a specially for my 2 year anniversary with this blog. But there are so many things that i want to post onto my blog that i hesitate to because i have this stupid standard I want to meet in my mind (I am a perfectionist). But in reality, I should be able to post whatever i feel like. I have a lot of shitty quality photos that are cool too! So FUCK those standards, and perfect looking photos and outfits. I don't fear to fail. I love to try new things and post cool shit. So that's the motto folks for the rest of the year :)

3. I returned from the UK a few weeks ago. Sorry to all the people I couldn't meet up with in London. I didn't realize how busy I was going to be. It was crazy! I was there doing an art summer school program at UAL. It was a lot of work, but I just loved it so much, it was literally the best experience of my entire life. And it is my dream to go to school there once I graduate high school. Which is only one year away! GAHHH! I can't believe I will be out of high school in a year! It's so scary! (my actual reaction)

Much more photos and updates to come within the next few weeks! After taking the photos and editing and all, I didn't realize how much I have missed blogging this past summer. I have so much fun doing it and I hope you all have fun reading it :)


Paolina Alexandra Russo

28 comments:

  1. OMG! I was so excited when I saw you posted something cuz just yesterday i was thinking "Polina hasn't posted anything for a long time." I love your purple hair! It's very light, how did you do that? I love your outfits! The jesus necklace is cool it reminds me of the one from the Givenchy 2010 resort collection that went with the wedding style dress! and the fuzzy baseball cap and the neon yellow necklace thing and everything! I love it and am so happy to hear you will be posting more often now! I should work on that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aww thank you. i love my jesus body chain! i literally can wear it with anything and everything, and i do!

      And about my hair. you would never think it, but I actually got it done at the wal mart hair salon. I just showed my hairdresser what colour i wanted and she did it. I really dont know what kind of hair magic she was using, but i loved how it turned out :)

      Delete
  2. You look great, everything is great! I really like your blog so I add to the observed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your outfits! I hope you have your own fashion line sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You dress so amazingly! I want all your clothes!!! X

    CULTstyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Happy 2 years! I can't wait to see what you do with the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uuuuhhh your hair is literally perfect! you are perfect. so gorgeous!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair is just lovely! Happy 2 Years!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness those photos with the veil are absolutely perfect and beautiful. I love your look and your blog. Happy anniversary to your blog!
    xo, Tori
    http://generationscollective.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your face, your photos, your style, your hair.

    everything is like a dream. would do almost anything to look and have same kind of attitude as you.

    xx Paula || intergalactic radio station

    ReplyDelete
  10. your hair!! its so perfect.I'm, sorry I couldnt meet up with you in London but it sounds like you had a fab time xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice new motto! The outfits are very beautiful by the way. Can't wait to see your new aspects on your future blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAH, your hair!! I'm so jealous that you've bleached it, yet it remains so full, and in such good condition. I haven't dyed my hair for such a long time, but it's still so thin :( I haate it, I barely have any hair. It sucks so hard. Aaanyway, all these photographs are awesome due to the outfits being amazing. Your style, aah, always so stunning!! Oh and yes, definitely just post whatever the hell you want on your blog. My photos are always edited and what not, but that's because I have had about.. 8 years practice now, so I'm kind of a speedy graphic making robot. Your time in the UK sounds so interesting! Glad to see you back on the interwebs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're like perfect , I love you !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYAYAYAYAY! I missed you so much! I especially love the sweater in the first picture! It is gorgeous!

    Love,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just stumbled across your blog now and I'm in awe! All your photos are beautiful and so creative and I love your hair!

    Kirsty x

    kw-justlikeheaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have like my dream hair! Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are sooooo cute!!
    I want you to wear the accessories which I made!!
    I would like to make accessories and clothes for you...☆

    http://mcrntokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these pics! Really cute outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  19. sheeesh, i adore your blog! glad you commented so i could find you :*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha, your first ever post is tres cooote! Good to have you back, I have been clicking on your site for some weeks now willing for you to come back to the blogging world. Even though I am old enough to be your mother- in some African countries at least!!- I love to read and see the images of your post. I love the way it is so different from the 'Stepford Wife' perfect-esque personal style blogs that I often see on popular blogs! Looking forward to seeing your new direction!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love your outfits! and how did you make the harness? i want it soo bad!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your hair looks so amazing! And I love the atmosphere in your pictures. *-*

    wonderlandharu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. One word: Yesss.

    I feel you on the outfit posts - I find I have no time for them either. I miss doing them, but sometimes we gotta work it out in the day to day instead!
    Will always follow you regardless ~

    x The Ram

    ReplyDelete
  24. amaaaazing jumper! i'm in love with your style
    x

    apreciarvintage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete