Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's Not Hoarding, Just Avid Collection of Random Items












DIY Headband, Crochet Dress ("Lace Findings" Dress) courtesy of Sugarlips Apparel,  Leather Jacket courtesy of my fathers "bad-ass" phase, Everything else thrift

This week has been super heck-tic. From writing English mid terms to eating double my weight in food this past Easter weekend I really haven't found much downtime. Except for right now, at 1 in the morning, writing this post. Over the weekend I went to my grandparents house for an Easter dinner. I took the opportunity to take some pictures in their garden/greenhouse of the outfit I was wearing that day. Nothing has really bloomed yet but their backyard is the breeding ground for quirky weird items.  I wouldn't necessarily call them hoarders, just avid collectors of random items. 
The crochet dress I am wearing was sent to me by the lovely people of Sugarlips Apparel. I have been waiting for the right moment to wear it since it has been extremely cold outside, and the dress looks so spring-y and delicate. But being that I was going to my grandparents house that day, and being that it is crochet I felt like it would be the best occasion. (old people and crochet go hand and hand) My grandmother told me she had a dress just like it when she was my age.(aw shucks) 
I also want to point out that the leather jacket I am wearing is my new favorite thing. It was my dad's in the 80s (so fetch). There is nothing like the wear and tear on an old leather jacket. It is so huge and is perfect layered over anything.

Anyway I hope you are all had a great long weekend. Talk to you in a few days.
Paolina Alexandra Russo


34 comments:

  1. oooh you look amazing as always! you are a style goddess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is so right, you are a total style goddess. Everything is amazing in these images, AS ALWAYS. Why you so fierce?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those greenhouse pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god this is a gorgeous outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this is what you wore to Easter dinner at your grandparents' house. You're so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the real thing $$$$ And I also do like some tartan pattern *** xxxxAnd I also love the sheer //!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is one divinely angelic crochet dress! how do you wear it without flashing anyone, or is it lined? your outfit is a beaut. doesn't it seem the older we get the more stuff we collect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. really, love your blog and you have a greaaaaat sense of style, very unique! :)
    I'm your new follower! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I have those exact same glasses but they have orange lenses! I Love your outfit! The pictures are amazing! Love them! I'm Kind of an avid collector of stuff too but i've been trying to do some spring cleaning to get rid of extra stuff scince I may be moving soon.


    http://bensstylecorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, ive been trying to get rid of stuff the past 2 years. I find it really hard to throw stuff away. Thats so cool you have the same glasses. Im kinda sad because those glasses just broke yesterday. :( :( they were my favourite.Im really bummed about it but I would love to see a picture of your glasses :)

      Delete
  10. Your look is so gorgeous and boho! I really love your headband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! In love with this.

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have this amazing sense of style. Thanks for you visit and warm words..

    Followed you. and I hope you can follow me back as well =)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That leather jacket is so fetch. Hah. Love the red shirt you're wearing over the dress too. This is great, grungy and girly all at once.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Thank U for your nice comment! Hahaha good point about the food at Easter:))) I ate definitely too much;))) but...tradition:P I really like the place by your grandparents, really good place to take photos! You look pretty cool and you have so many beatiful things on you, not only in this post, but also in the others. I love your crazy and brave style!
    kisses nik

    ReplyDelete
  15. this outfit is kinda....perfect. I love all the layers and crochet and sheerness. SO GOOD!!!



    rachelarielle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. es ist wirklich wunderschön...udn sehr sehr gute bilder ;)

    ich würde mich freuen wenn du auch mal bei mir vorbei schaust

    http://www.you-can-us-one-time.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I am 150% in love with your style. Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I am now following you. This outfit looks amazing!
    X Jane
    http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg! I love your style so much. I am for sure following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. your style IS SO AMAZING! so original!!<3
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Unique style, original!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your post so much! These pictures are really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $60 gift card to spend on The Quiet Riot

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your post so much! These pictures are really gorgeous!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
    Win a $60 gift card to spend on The Quiet Riot

    ReplyDelete
  23. great! your style is totally original i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you always look like a goddess, and that's some insane layering you've got there! I love the title it made me chuckle xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have definitely mastered your 'layering art'- there is so much going on with this look- tartan, crochet, various lengths, colours, print- and its great to see you have fun and experiment with clothes like this! Ps lOOOOOVE the rose crown!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your outfits are always so impossibly wonderful. You just look so completely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  27. just found your blog and it's awesome! i love this outfit and the pictures look really cool :)

    http://www.sweetindigoroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. DUDE!
    Killer outfit!!! LOVE your work!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that headband of yours. And the combo of the crochet dress, leather jacket and plaid is quite bizarre, yet somehow you made it stylish and pretty.

    Cheers,
    Cathy@cheap digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO inspiring. Absolutely adore every layer and the combination of all.

    Twerk, lady.
    x The Ram

    ReplyDelete