Saturday, February 25, 2012

#RENDER/ Double Life



First two photos via http://iam-desire.tumblr.com/





 



Hey guys! So back in January (in my brunette days) I was asked by Desire Kaniki. to assist with styling a shoot for photographer YIN. The above photos are some of the behind the scene action that went on. It was one of the first times I ever got to go on set for a real photo shoot so of course I was super excited. Going on set made me feel all cool and sophisticated and mature and shit (professional, I know). All I gotta say is I was really privileged to have had this experience and hope to do more stuff like this in the future.  To see some of the final photos click here. 

READ BEFORE WATCHING: 
As you know my full name is Paolina Alexandra Russo. Some people (mostly my family and close friends) call me by my first name Paolina. But I am also called by my second name Alexandra. It kind of gets confusing, almost like I'm leading some sort of double life like Hannah Montana. Just so you guys don't get confused, when Desire refers to Alexandra in the video, hes talking about me, Paolina.  

Video by Anthony Delacruz 

Video by Haley Ma

I asked our makeup artist Tami El Sombati to work some of her makeup magic on me to look nice for a commercial audition I had later that day. I don't know how she did it but she got my skin to glow, a glow in which I have tried to recreate at home with my crappy drug store makeup kit. But its just doesn't happen for me, I don't posses her fairy makeup abilities. My friend Haley got some video of it going on. My sister constantly makes fun of me for the "over dramatic" face/eye thingy I give at about 0:14. Im just an over dramatic person in general so she shouldn't be too surprised.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend!  I took some awesome photos earlier this week so expect an outfit post soon :) Love ya!

Paolina Alexandra Russo


15 comments:

  1. sounds like a great experience! keep up the awesome style, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great opportunity! Seems like you had an excellent time being involved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, well done! what a nice opportunity. And I love the photos! so unique xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! It looks like so much fun! The make-up in the video where Tami's putting it on you is so nice!

    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds great! love

    http://i-vomit-triangles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that is so cool,congratulations looks super awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOD THATS SO COOL!!!! Excuse me while I go die in q hole because you are so cool. I cant believe how awesome that is it is that you got to help with styling, its n suprise because you are that cool, I sound like a tota suck up, kiss ass... Anyway would you possibly check out my blog, it is theflowered.blogspot.com ... YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! that is a little confusing but i have a friend who always goes by his middle name rather than his first name too!


    raspberykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool!! These types of things are always so fun-- it's fun to feel cool and mature and sophisticated and shit. When I go to fashion shows or something like this, even if it's just something put on by the nearby university or something small, I always feel like that. It's like when I was a little girl and I would pretend to be a grown-up doing all these glamorous things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I love your blog. You have such a great passion. I am following, so I hope you can check mine out and follow. I would be very appreciative. I wish you a wonderful day. God Bless!

    Steven B.
    0:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo on bagging your first stylist assistant job! Your post took me back to my first stylist assistant job- even though it was almost 10yrs ago, I still remember the excitement and fear I had that day! Here's too many more for you,and of course more where you get to be the boss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UR SO LUCKYYY , u must of had so much fun :D gREAT BLOG

    ReplyDelete