Friday, February 10, 2012

My Hair May Be Blonde But My Heart Is Brunette






 Getting ready to face the cold north that awaits outside my door.


 Shirt skirts are surprisingly extremely comfortable

This is the outfit I wore on Tuesday. I've been feelin' the grunge and feelin the sparkle. I have been wearing this headband a lot lately. Now that I have my hair dyed a a very strawberry blonde colour I feel like hats and headpieces look so much better on me (conceited much?). I really need to make some new head pieces though so expect to see some of those in the future (tutorial maybe?). Here are a few close ups of my hair.


Fuck Yeah! There is just so much teenage angst in this photo. Im LOL-ed so much while writing this.

In other news last month I was featured on GuestofaGuest.com where they listed me as one of the top bloggers under 18. I was really honored and surprised to be put on there with such names as Tavi Gevinson (The Style Rookie), Willie Greene (WeTheUrban) and Arabelle Sicardi (Fashion Pirate). I look up to all three of them so I totally had a fan girl freak out moment when I first found out (which was during the middle of the School Musical. I got a text from my mom and immediately started hyperventilating and screaming oh my god to myself. The rest of the audience was not amused). You can check out the article here, I was number SIX


I have a lot of great posts planned for the next month. And i know what your thinking: 'she's just gonna take another mysterious hiatus and were not gonna see another post until next month blah blah blah blah blah.' But I actually took the time to plan out these posts this week with pictures and writing and everything. So its super legit. No more breaks.

I also have a few goals I want to accomplish for Calur Villade in the next few months before school ends. Im in the process of setting up an online store, selling some of my clothes, and headbands and jewelry. It's just that setting up an online shop can be tricky for a computer-challenged girl like me so don't expect anything too soon.

Another thing I want to accomplish before summer hits is to create a ZINE. Yes, you heard me right, a Zine. Its something that has been on my mind a lot mainly. I know if i put the time and effort in I can make something really awesome involving art, fashion and photography etc. I have a few ideas on the table and have already started talking with a few of my friends on concepts and photo shoots. But I would also love for you guys to contribute too! With either writing, or pictures or art or DIYs. But lets brainstorm first. What do you want to see in a zine? And also, What are some of your favorite zine's? I want to read some more to get some inspiration for mine. The only zine I have ever read is Butch by the lovely and talented Roma. So if you write a zine, or know of some good ones let me know and I'll check it out!

I have much much more I want to talk about with you guys but I'll save it for the posts to come. I have received a lot of emails from you readers in the last month, and I'm sorry if I haven't replied to you yet. Its taking me a while to sift through them all and I don't want to give you guys shitty half-ass responses. 

I hope you guys have had a great week! Talk to you in a few days!

Paolina Alexandra Russo 

I leave you with another great angsty picture

22 comments:

  1. Your cardigan in the first few pictures is magnificent. I bet your zine would totally rule! I don't have a ton of experience with zines, but I love Plant by Isabel of Hipster Musings. It's on etsy if you want to take a gander.

    ReplyDelete
  2. babe! I love your new hair so much. You look like more of a badass than ever. I also love your whole grunge look. Did you make your skirt/shirt? Oh and congrats on the mention. that's huuge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making on the Top 10 List! Thank you for your comment, I am so glad it led me to your blog-- which is fantastic. I don't know how to put it in a way that doesn't sound like an insult (I swear I can make even "you're so pretty" offensive in whatever way I put it, I'm terrible #firstworldproblems), but I love the way you're dressed and how it's just so different than everyone else who dresses the exact same. Also, your editing is A+--it's a breath of fresh air! Also, your hair.

    I don't know grammar.

    Okay.

    Jessica | Vixenelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'd agree your one of the best bloggers out there! My magazine (Jal-ap-en-o) is kind of a zine! Oh, and I considered you email about the first issue and posted my most recent issue on my blog! I'll make a website for it soon! For your zine i'd like to see DIYs, cool photo shoots, maybe interesting makeup ideas because your so creative with that and interesting art stuff. I'd like to contribute So if I have any ideas or something i'll email you!


    BEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see a zine by you! Really, anything you want to put in would be great ... it's like reading someone's scrap book or diary :)

    The blond is FIERCE. I LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pictures!!!! And that lime green fur coat is fab!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these photos, you are so unique and beautiful!

    xx Paula || http://mikariittaaonnelliseenelamaan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my god your hair is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos. Can't wait I see the zine! I think like everything else in life variety is best!

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the feature! That's excellent and good luck with the zine :) I've wanted to make a zine for about... 6 years but, I'm going to aim even bigger and attempt to make a huge magazine this year, aaah! Anyway, you look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! so glad you're going to be posting more :) i love the hair and that lime green fur coat is DIVINE

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so cool!! I love the new hair. And I love this outfit-- the shirt-skirt is amazing. And I also love the butterflies and flowers you added to your photos-- I really want to steal this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your hair and outfit, great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that cat watch. I can't even express how fabulous that is. Your hair looks really good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad to hear you're going to be posting more--your blog is one of my favorites! and I know everyone else has said this too, but yes your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why am I JUST reading your blog for the first time?! I'm into all of this! Congrats on the feature, so cool! Following...now :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow i can see the real angst in all your photos.congratulations,I love your blog and awesome hair and we both have pink floyd tops so yeah xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sooooooooooo lovely! The blonde looks amazing : )

    xx
    mirrorandmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete