Sunday, October 30, 2011

SKELETON LEGGINGS DIY (literal titles at its finest)


SKELETON REFERENCE PHOTO
My pants are a bit worn down, as you can tell by the photo. I have worn them a million times so I am planning on making another pair. Another thing you may notice is that my pants have the hip bone. Some of you may want to wear your leggings under a dress, or skirt so the hip part wont show, but I wear mine as pants so it looked weird without the hip bone. Its not that hard to do. I just measured the width  and length of the hip part of my pants, then based on those measurements drew out the bone shape, cut it out and glued it. Just the same as I had done with the rest of the bones I cut out. But you only need to take that extra step if you want to.

SO if you where wondering what I have been doing lately, here's a mini photo diary: 

I have been putting eyes on my nails,
 Learning how to drive, look at that muscle definition, 
 Meeting Tom from Plain White Tees in Loblaws, and having pizza with him,
 (This is me telling to cold, dry toronto air to FUCK OFF^)Waiting 7 hours in the freezing cold  to see one of my favourite bands Never Shout Never. (I am not usually the kind of person to listen to music like that, and people think its really odd when I tell them I am a Never Shout Never fan but I REALLY AM, and I had the best time. I wish I could type more about the concert but I actually have so much homework).

I didnt get a decent photo of my outfit that day. I wish you could see my dress, I made it :(. My logic for this outfit was "its probably gonna be really hot and sweaty during the concert so I should wear less clothing." I was WRONG. Yes it was very hot and sweaty during the concert, but i forgot about the waiting outside in the cold part, so I am currently very very sick. 

 I am currently making a skeleton top to go with my leggings for my costume tomorrow. As much as I love Halloween i honestly have not dressed up for the past 3 years. Though when I went out people thought i was dressed up when I am not. For the past two weeks I have had people approach me telling me they like my costume.........and I always reply "This is not a costume, it's just day wear." I find it funny though, and never take it to offence. I know a lot of people just wear crazy things for shits and giggles and attention. But I genuinely love to wear what I do, and the comments are just a side thing.

So, this was a very mixed post. You got a DIY, and a photo Diary and stories and now I will leave you with a little song to keep you company while you make your skeleton leggings.Have a good day!

Paolina Alexandra Russo


26 comments:

  1. amazin post

    <3u dear

    great skeleton diy!

    u re cool driver

    <3 also nails and chunky heels:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skeleton pants, great DIY! The eye nails also rock! You painted them so well, they look kinda real! Also i love those chunky shoes!

    http://rosesandvellum.blogspot.com/
    http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. YeSSSS!!! I am totally doing this, thank you! And I love your Evil Eye nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite thing about your leggings DIY, is all your completely terrific drawings! please say you'll show us the skeleton top, & dress your wore to the concert, when you froze to death outside. great nails. holy you met a rock star bratness. your learning to drive photo, reminds me of my 16 yr. old self. last , but not least, fantastic eyeliner make-up too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean when people think you dress crazy just for attention. Dressing up is like a past time, it's one of the few things that give me a passion in life and if dressing the way i want to makes people stare at me i'm not going to stop just because of that. No one really seems to understand that no matter how many times i try to explain it. Great post by the way those skeleton leggings are super cute and i love your nails!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! Making these! I love the handwritten/drawn touch of your diy. Also, those nails? Ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHH YOU LOOK ADORABLE! THOSE SHOES. NAILS. Thank you so much for the DIY I muuuust try this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great post! And AHHH!! You are from Toronto?? ME TOO!! I miss it so much... you are so lucky :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. EEEK THOSE LEGGINGS ARE ADORABLE. You rock it. And major respect points for writing out your tutorial on paper. I think it's rad.

    2. Ahhh, I used to love Plain White Ts AND NeverShoutNever! Siiigh, youth nostalgia and things.

    3. Bahah, two people asked me today if I was in "costume." Laaaammeeee.

    Yeah. That is all! Have a stellar week!

    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your great idea with the skeleton leggings and loving your devilish eye make up:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you are amazing! I cant believe I have never come across your blog before!! It is awweeesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The band dress looks wonderful. Please post more information on how you made it?
    How did you manage to dance/mosh in those magnificent shoes? Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi! love this post, great DIY idea!
    I know it's kinda really annoying if I say this, but I've sent you an email sooo... and by the way if you don't want to participate in the thing in the email that's totally OK! I'll understand you're busy.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes! This DIY involves no sewing! I am terrible at sewing! I'm so excited. I think I will try this out with an old pair of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so cute! lucky girl getting to see so many musicians!

    ReplyDelete
  16. clever little thing ain't ya??! happy (late) halloweeeeen Paolinaaaaaaaah x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. First of all, those pants are incredibly BA. If I had a DIY bone in my body (wow, unintentional pun, I swear) I'd totally try to make these. I'll just admire your handiwork.

    Also, lame that you got sick. I can imagine waiting outside forever and a day would not be so good for your health, though. Lastly, I totally have people ask me if I am in a costume a lot, too. This year I was wearing leopard pants Halloween so everyone made assumptions. They were wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice write up about the leggings haha. I'm not surprised people have commented on what you wear asking if it's a costume. People have said similar things to me before. Oh and from what I can see of the dress you wore/made it looks cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woah, those pants are awesome! So creepy/cool.
    And I love love love our nails! The "eye" idea is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this tutorial! Can you do a tutorial on those AWESOME halos?
    You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those leggings are amazing-you did such a great job on them! Looks like you've had so much fun recently too-i wanna see the dress in the last photo, looks velvety :D
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. those leggings are so cool i can't believe you made them.I love that dress your wearing,please do a post about it and totally diggiing the song! x

    ReplyDelete