Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Urban" Like That....


My sisters room, see her foot? she was still sleeping when I took this :P
All clothes thrifted except for Knee High's; Winners, Sunglasses; Party Packagers and Flowers In hair; Dollarama/ Frida Kahlo milkmaid braids FTW.

Last week I was planning on doing a post on my blog of every outfit I wore those first three days of school. There was only one problem. The memory of me making this so-called plan I had occurred to me on Friday so you're only getting one outfit. The first Friday of the school year was nothing special. Very nonchalant. But I was feeling somewhat goth that week in terms of clothing. It was my way of expressing the funeral of summer I guess. Oh summer, how I will miss thee!

The school year has been great so far, considering it has only been three days. The courses I have for this semester: American History, Anthropology, Lunch (my fav subject), World Religion and my Visual Art course.  I took a lot of social studies courses this year because I am "urban" like that . Also, as you may have noticed cut my bangs(myself I may add) because I am SO rebellious.  I'm also planning on  dyeing it (colour suggestions anyone?). Did I also mention I run a fashion blog? I wreak with urbaness and teenage rebellion. But sarcasm aside I am so excited for my courses and I am planning on doing something cool with my hair soon, I am just unsure of what so suggestions are encouraged :).

The haul post is coming, I swear. You would be viewing it on your computer screen right now but my mom thought it would be the best idea to to go to Canada's Wonderland this past weekend when I was planning on taking some of the pictures. So it was either stay at home and take pictures of myself alone in my room or a day of fun in the sun and roller coasters. You get the picture.

I'm planning on taking more casual posts during school year to keep you up to date with what I am wearing and what interests me at the time.  I don't know if everyone is totally aware of this but the outfits that I post on my blog are actual outfits I wear out or would wear out unless stated otherwise. I also want to post more of mys shopping finds. I foresee a great shopping adventure in the near future that I'll talk about more later. I still will keep up with my editorial-like posts, I love doing those crazy posts, they are so much fun. But I want to update my blog more often and I find doing posts like those take a long time and posts like these only take five minutes in the morning. So cheers to more updating on Calur Villade.

Hope you all had a great week and if you just went back to school like me, hope you got over the slightly hellish fact that you have to go back to school for ten more months and enjoyed yourself. I tried. I keep sane by remembering school holidays......

Love you lots,
Paolina Alexandra Russo

PS My heart goes out to all those affected by 9/ 11.

49 comments:

  1. wow seriously love your style. i dont have a list necessarily, but its just films ive been watching daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry forgot which post you were looking at. i actually watched most of them except fallen angeles, howl and everything must go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end of summer is always very sad. But at least it leads to fall, which is a pretty good time.

    My hair suggestion? Color. Pink, purple, blue...I dunno. I added blue mostly because of this song, Blue Hair, that I love. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQIM6sTbt0

    You could also shave one side of your head.

    P.S. Love your outfit & the milkmaid braids are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you had to clear up that you actually go outside in these outfits!
    thats awesome.
    and on the same page about you with school.
    sooo rough! all i want to do is hang out and eat good food. why cant we do that all year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. dye it red! like mine :)
    please update more often! wonderful wonderful post. i would wear this anyday. i unfortunately must deal with a biased school (they are against freedom of expression in the clothing department) so i will not be posting as frequently as i did before and it breaks my heart because now i will depend on two days of the week (the weekend) for outfit posts. so seeing that YOU don't have a uniform school, i urge, i beg, TAKE ADVANTAGE! take photos, everyday if you can. you have no idea how lucky you are D;

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are AMAZING!! I would totally wanted to have been your friend at school!I want to now,and I'm years away from school!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing photos

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit! that Jacket is amazing!! :) love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, your outfit is freaking AMAZING!! I love chokers. So much, I have two making their way to me right now, yay! I never got to dress up at school, or discover style because in Australia most schools have uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog! And you wanna shop where I shop? I wanna shop where YOU shop!
    As for hair, when I had bangs I really wanted to dye them lilac and leave the rest of my hair natural... but I never got around to it, and now I have no bangs... but I think that would look great on you!
    <3Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, this is definitely one of my favourite outfits from you everrrr! Really amazing, love the accessories!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an amazing outfit! I love it so much,and find myself pretty sad looking at your awesome clothing collection...I seriously think "thrifting"(we don't really call it that in England) is far worse here;Canadian/US bloggers always seem to find such good treasures!
    Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok well that look is scarily awesome! you looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I could endure high school again if I had classmates like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is amazing. You look super-duper cool. I'm terrible with hair advice so I won't offer you any, but I can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not gonna lie. I totally want this ENTIRE outfit.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. INDEED! Oh yeah and a quark is a fundamental constituent of matter, observed in 1968 through deep elastic scatter <3
    DFTBA.

    ReplyDelete
  18. cool style!

    pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. so cool!
    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is amazing. I love this. You look so freaking cool. LOVE! Also your header is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you how kind of you to say. Oh I love your weirdness and style, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing photos ! this dress is so lovely !! looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. ugh paolina you are so freaking cool. can i please be you? oh! we need to talk about antm. i'm now on twitter. message me ;0

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ugh just started school too only have horrid kilt uniform :(
    I'd say sumthin bright but only do streaks of it like electric blue would be cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this outfit, gorgeous gothic look! x

    sharpest-lives@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just found your blog, and absolutely love it. This post is really good, I especially like the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh yeah! Awesome sunglasses! The flowers! Your swag! Gosh I love you

    ReplyDelete
  28. I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !
    I ♥ Calur Villade !

    ReplyDelete
  29. coooooool glasses, you got seriouuuuus style girl!! haha cant beleive your sister was still asleep!! hahah :)

    http://blaiseruby.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you are amazing! I looove your outfit! The necklaces are perfect.. as are your shoes! Wowww. The lace is gorgeous, and your sunglasses are rad.
    As for hair suggestions, I would say.. dye it green or purple or blue! That would be awesome and would go well with your style I think. Or if you wanted to do something more normal blond bangs or a color on your bangs would look cool too. I am excited to see what you deciiiide!

    ReplyDelete
  31. chuckling & smiling, like that.

    my fave lines: .."the funeral of summer".."I wreak with urbaness and teenage rebellion.".."I foresee a great shopping adventure in the near future:..slightly hellish fact"..

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. This looks awesome!

    I totally freaked a little when I saw you did the hair like mine-ish (since I geek over your blog a lot).

    The silver necklace is also super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  33. GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY GIVEAWAY
    click here
    http://thesselle.blogspot.com/2011/09/wanted.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. nice photos ;)
    i am a new follower
    please follow back if you like
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. love this outfit so much! makes me think of a kinda punky frida kahlo! i love frida!

    http://frustratedwriterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I need a pair of those sunnies in cash symbol or pot leaf holograms.. sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. your style is really fresh! very much enjoying this blog - anna

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE the sunglasses! Those are awesome!
    Xo Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I must say, as I am paging through your blog, I am completely in awe of your style!! You really pay attention to all the intricate details that make the outfit special. This look is especially stunning with the gorgeous lace dress and floral crown. Amazing from head to toe. Thanks for your sweet comment. Following now:)

    ReplyDelete
  40. AMAZING WHITE LACE DRESS, Love your style for real


    Keep it up girl


    Peace

    ReplyDelete