Monday, December 6, 2010

It's More Like Hot As A Dryer Than Cool As A Cucumber





Everything I am wearing is thrifted, except for the watch ring which is from Wal-Mart. I really am in love with this outfit entirely because of the sweater and the dress that I got at the Value Village half off sale last month. The sweater is an amazing shade of blue and has some hardcore embroidery at the front. I had always seen the sweater at Value Village, but no one had ever bought it. It was a little on the expensive side (like 14 dollars), and I was super surprised to find it still hanging on the rack at the sale. The sweater is actually longer than shown, but I just pined it up with some safety pins to make it into a crop top. And it goes so well with the Op Art patterned dress. I had been looking for some kind of Op Art pattern on a dress for the longest time and was thrilled to find it. I didn't even try the dress on in the store because whether it fit or not, I needed this dress! (*cough* I'm a shopaholic *cough*)

Lately I have been trying to incorporate different ways to decorate my face with these stickers I bought from Dollarama last week. The way I decorated my face in these pictures was kind of a mix between the headpiece in this post, and the rhinestone stickers in this post. Screw makeup, all you need is stickers!

Photo creds to my little sister who helped me with taking the photos! It would have taken me hours more of getting off the dryer to turn the camera timer on for the shot and then running back on time to the dryer before the timer on the camera ran out!(confusing process?.... I think yes)

I have been working on a pastel self portrait for the past two weeks, and I am finally finished! The deadline was last Friday but I made sure to snap in a few shots before I handed it in. I didn't realize I took the shots at an angle though so the portrait looks a little distorted, but ill try to get better shots of it at school. I really enjoyed working on this project. One of the hardest things for some people to do is self portraits, because people have a mind set of what the look like when they look in the mirror, and it is hard to draw in those imperfections. It is way easier to draw other people because you see the features in their face and draw them accordingly instead of stylizing their features into something they are not. I had never worked with pastel before and I found it to be surprisingly easy in the end. It was kind of like working with crayons, and I was pretty happy with the end result.
  the original picture that I worked from

Have a Great Day!
Paolina



22 comments:

  1. Your portrait is so good! I love the lights in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. amazing light effect! You are so good!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lighting that you used. Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing photos;D nice



    http://stylemeerkat.blogspot.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooww that's amazing! You have really big talent! and the photos are nice. Love your necklace and sweater;)
    Greets from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeyyyy, these pictures are THE PICTURES!! love them!! so bright!! and the light, too!;)

    thanks for your comment!!
    here you have a new follower!

    Muaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome make up!
    this makes me wish i had fought harder when my mother threw away my fairy lights!
    http://hereharehere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! Love the lights, great idea. Really digging your blog

    http://sftrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifull pics!

    xx
    www.maddenim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanx for your comments! And yeah, that owl frame really cost me only 3 dollars, unbelievable I know. :)
    Your pictures are great and love the creativity you put into your outfits

    Drop by my blog anytime. xox
    Linh www.ponytail-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh god where did u get yr necklace! i love

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg dear !!!!!!

    u re an artist!!!!!!!

    all this post is amazin:)))))

    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting photos, the ones with the lights remind me of Christmas. Lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. these shots are so cool....you are talented girl! also your drawing rocks!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. girl you are very very creative!! the drwning is absolutely GORGEOUS and i love the pictures you've taken with those lights!! very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Paolina
    We met last weekend at the production of The Bear. Love your blog! You have a great aesthetic! Love how you use light in your photos and how you provide references to your inspired fashion choices! You're providing your readership with an education in fashion:) Quite amazing.
    Would love to feature you and your blog on our site www.mindyourmind.ca
    You and your mom have my card- please contact me and I will put you in touch with our content developer if you're interested in posting on our site!
    Maria Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks everybody for your kind comments!

    love,
    Paolina

    ReplyDelete
  18. That portrait is actually crazy good! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete