Sunday, October 17, 2010

Boogie Woogie Woogie Woogie Dancin Shoes, Keep me dancing all night...

 So last week I went to a birthday party for a family friend. I was not too keen on this though, I was feeling terribly, disgustingly ill, and nauseous. To make matters worse the party was a ten course meal. Uhh I can still feel the gurgle in my stomach from that whole indecent. It was not like I was able to refuse, that would be disrespectful, and by the end of the night I couldn't even walk. I was so filled to the brim that with any slight movement I might hurl. But there was a silver lining, I finally got to wear my new "baby" platform shoes I bought from Value Village that week. 6 bucks! (which is cheap for value village) The reason for why I am calling them baby platforms is because they are not to the height standard which I wanted. I am on the look for some waaaay higher platforms, but these will be good for now. Like practice shoes for the real deal. But until that time comes, here is what I wore to that party.....
 





Blue wool dress suite(both top and skirt); mom's old closet, belt, hat, necklace, earrings, shoes; Value Village, Knee High Socks; H&M. It was a bit chilly that day, so I am glad I chose to wear my wool dress suit. It was too bulky for my usual thin belt, so I gathered it all together with a bulkier belt as well. I like this 50s stewardess look. Although I did not use a thin belt to cinch my waist, I find this outfit very reminiscent of Prada F2010RTW. All that is missing are the amazing chunky tights and eyebrow glasses. 

 Photos from Style.com

Now off to more homework (and by homework I mean procrastinating watching Lady Gaga Videos!)
Have a Serene Sunday!
Paolina

2 comments: